Can Porcelain Veneers Improve Your Smile?
By Steven Kail on April 21, 2014
If the appearance of your teeth, whether they're yellowed, irregularly shaped, or crooked, causes you embarrassment, then porcelain veneers may be right for you. Porcelain veneers treatment can mask many dental flaws and imperfections to create a perfect smile you'll want to show off. Our Jackson based cosmetic dentists have transformed countless smiles with porcelain veneers treatment. We welcome you to schedule a consultation at Premier Dental Center to find out if you're a candidate for porcelain veneers.
What Is Porcelain Veneers Treatment?
Porcelain veneers treatment is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the appearance of such flaws as tooth discoloration, misshaped teeth, and mild crookedness. Porcelain veneers are tooth-shaped restorations, custom made for each patient. Porcelain veneers treatment begins with an evaluation of the teeth to ensure patient candidacy, as well as determine the desired patient outcome. The next step in porcelain veneers treatment is to prepare the teeth. A thin layer of the tooth's enamel must be removed to make room for the veneer. Impressions are taken of the teeth and sent to a dental laboratory where the impressions are used to craft each veneer. Temporary veneers will be placed while awaiting completion of the veneers. Once the veneers are ready, the temporary veneers are removed and the finished veneers will be fitted and bonded to the teeth to complete treatment.
Am I a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers treatment can correct a wide variety of cosmetic dental problems, making this treatment suitable for many people. Candidates for porcelain veneers must have healthy teeth and gums and should suffer from one or more of the following conditions:
- Small, Undersized Teeth: The appearance of small, undersized teeth can be improved with perfectly proportioned porcelain veneers. A porcelain veneer can be made larger than the actual tooth it is intended to cover, elongating small teeth to improve proportions.
- Large Teeth: Like small teeth, the appearance of large teeth can be improved with porcelain veneers. Veneers can be crafted in any size so large teeth can be filed down and covered by a perfectly sized veneer.
- Yellowed, Discolored Teeth: For some people, tooth discoloration may be so severe that even professional tooth whitening cannot provide the desired results. Porcelain veneers are custom-made to any shade of white to cover even the deepest dental stains
- Minor Chips: Small chips or minor fractures can be treated with porcelain veneers to restore the appearance and health of the tooth.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Gaps between teeth can quickly be closed with porcelain veneers.
- Mild Misalignment: When used as instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers can be used to improve minor dental misalignment.
- Misshaped Teeth: Irregularly shaped teeth, like pointed or jagged teeth, can be corrected with porcelain veneers as they are crafted to any shape or size
Find Out if Porcelain Veneers Are Right for You!
Porcelain veneers may be able to give you the smile you've always wanted! To find out if this treatment is right for you, or to discuss other treatment options, we invite you to schedule a consultation today!
Related to This
Outstanding staff, sincerely courteous with wonderful personalities. They make you feel relaxed and welcome. THANK YOUFlora C.