Digital X-rays Offer Improved Patient Comfort and Safety
By Steven Kail on February 23, 2016
At Premier Dental, we place a great deal of focus on general dental care. General dentistry services are vital to the maintenance of good oral health and the prevention of dental complications. We recommend that patients schedule routine dental exams and cleanings at least twice a year so that our dentists can monitor the health and strength of the teeth and gums. Once a year, these routine exams will involve dental x-rays. X-rays offer our dentists a more detailed look at the teeth and allow us a more comprehensive understanding of the patient’s oral health. In order to maximize the comfort, safety, and effectiveness of these x-rays, we use digital technology. The benefits of digital x-rays ensure that our Jackson, TN patients are getting dental care of the highest quality.
Benefits of Digital X-rays
At Premier Dental, we offer our patients digital x-rays exclusively. Digital x-rays are just as effective in diagnosing the health of the teeth, but they offer technological advances and other advantages that cannot be provided by conventional radiology equipment. For our patients, we believe that the benefits of digital x-rays far outweigh those of conventional x-rays. Below are just some benefits that digital x-rays offer our patients:
- Digital x-rays significantly decrease a patient’s exposure to radiation. In fact, a digital x-ray requires 70 percent less exposure to radiation than a traditional x-ray. Because radiation is known to cause cancer and other health problems, most patients view this as the greatest benefit of digital x-rays.
- Digital x-rays capture a digital image that can be viewed immediately. This saves patients from having to wait while film is processed, as is the case with conventional x-rays.
- The images produced by a digital x-ray are the same quality as a conventional x-ray, but can be enhanced. Processing techniques allow our dentist to improve the color, contrast, and lighting, while also enlarging a digital x-ray image.
- Digital x-rays can be digitally archived, which virtually eliminates the risk of a patient’s files being lost or damaged.
- Digital x-rays are quick and are often more comfortable for the patient, particularly when taking intra-oral photos (those photos that are taken inside the mouth).
Overall, digital x-rays are an important component of preventative dentistry. These x-rays offer our dentists a unique view of the teeth and allow us to pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of a patient’s oral health. As such, digital x-rays are a great diagnostic tool that allows us to offer patients appropriate dental treatment before oral health problems progress to more advanced stages.
Schedule an Appointment
At Premier Dental, we pride ourselves on providing patients with quality dental care that takes into account our patient’s comfort, convenience, and overall satisfaction. Digital x-rays are just one of the advanced technologies we use to ensure that our patients are receiving the best dental care there is to offer. To learn more about our comprehensive range of dental services, schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists at your earliest convenience.
Related to This
Outstanding staff, sincerely courteous with wonderful personalities. They make you feel relaxed and welcome. THANK YOUFlora C.