Your Comfort Is Our Priority during Tooth Extraction
Many patients associate extractions with pain and anxiety. However, modern extraction can be virtually painless. Meanwhile, for patients with severe infection, untreatable decay, or irreparable damage, a tooth extraction is usually the best solution. Drs. Steven Kail, Joseph Leonard, and Chris Arnold can perform simple extractions at our three office locations in Milan, Jackson, and Bells, TN. Our team combines gentle techniques, special amenities, and sedation to perform extractions with minimal discomfort. For more complex extractions, we can coordinate your treatment with a trusted oral surgeon.
Candidacy for an Extraction
Although saving your tooth is always our priority, there are several instances in which an extraction may be the best option. These include:
- Extensive decay: When decay spreads to the inside of your tooth and severely compromises the exterior, a root canal may not be an option.
- Gum disease: Periodontitis, or advanced gum disease, can cause tooth loss if left untreated. Unstable teeth can be removed to create room for restorations.
- Spacing concerns: If you are undergoing orthodontic treatment and do not have enough room in your jaw to allow your teeth to align properly, your orthodontist may recommend an extraction.
- Wisdom teeth: Problematic wisdom teeth, or third molars, can cause misalignment or damage to surrounding teeth.
- Trauma: A sports injury or impact with another object can cause irreparable damage to your tooth. If damage extends below the gum line, an extraction may be necessary.
The Extraction Process
If you are anxious about your upcoming extraction, our doctors can provide oral conscious sedation to help you feel at ease during your treatment. Once you are comfortably numb or sedated, one of our dentists will gently rock the tooth back and forth to free it from its socket. You should not experience any pain during the extraction.
During the first few days of your recovery, you may experience minimal discomfort that can be managed with medication. Our doctors will instruct you on how to reapply gauze to keep the socket clean. You will also be restricted to a soft food diet for a few days while you heal.
Replacing a missing tooth is important, as untreated tooth loss can lead to changes in your jawbone structure, misalignment, and decreased self-confidence. We can provide traditional dentures and bridges, depending on the number of teeth you need to replace. Our dentists also work with oral surgeons to provide implant-supported dental crowns, bridges, and dentures. Dental implants are considered the gold standard in tooth replacement and can last a lifetime with proper care and frequent dental checkups.
Why Choose Us?
Our office is equipped with advanced imaging equipment including digital X-rays and panoramic X-rays to help our dentists accurately determine whether extraction is the best option. Our office is also furnished with several amenities including headphones and tinted goggles to help you relax during your treatment.
Achieve Relief Today
Tooth extraction can provide permanent relief for the painful symptoms of extensive tooth decay, severe dental infection, or irreparable damage. Schedule a consultation with one of our doctors if you are experiencing symptoms of a dental complication. You can contact us online or call our office nearest you.
Outstanding staff, sincerely courteous with wonderful personalities. They make you feel relaxed and welcome. THANK YOUFlora C.